Industrial 4G router is a network device responsible for path finding. It seeks the least communication path from multiple paths in the interconnection network to provide the user communication. Industrial 4G router has two typical functions, that is, data channel function and control function. Data channel functions include forwarding decision, backboard forwarding and output link scheduling, which are usually done by specific hardware; control functions are generally implemented by software, including information exchange, system configuration and system management with adjacent industrial 4G routers. Industrial 4G routers are used to connect multiple logically separate networks. To provide the best communication path for users, industrial 4G routers use routing tables as the selection path of data transmission. The routing table contains the network address and the list of distance between each address. The industrial 4G router uses the routing table to find the correct path of the packet from the current location to the destination address. The industrial 4G router uses the least time algorithm or the optimal path algorithm to adjust the path of information transmission. If a network path has a fault or blockage, the industrial 4G router can choose another path to ensure the normal transmission of information. Industrial 4G routers can transform data formats and become necessary devices for interconnection between different protocols.
Industrial 4G routers use routing protocol to obtain network information, and use the routing algorithm and criteria based on "routing matrix" to select the optimal path. According to the OSI reference model, the industrial 4G router is a network layer system. Industrial 4G routers are divided into single protocol industrial 4G routers and multi protocol industrial 4G routers.
Internet is made up of various networks. Industrial 4G router is a very important part of it. There are numerous industrial 4G routers on Internet. Intranet should be integrated into Internet and Internet services. Industrial 4G routers are indispensable components, and the configuration of industrial 4G routers is also more complex.
Industrial switchboard is a network device based on MAC address recognition that can encapsulate and forward data packets. The industrial switch can "learn" the MAC address and store it in the internal address table by setting up a temporary exchange path between the originator of the data frame and the target receiver to make the data frame reach the destination address directly from the source address. If the utilization ratio of the network exceeds 40% and the collision rate is greater than 10%, the industrial switchboard can help you solve a problem. Industrial switches with 100Mbps Fast Ethernet and 10Mbps Ethernet ports can be run in full duplex mode, and a dedicated 20Mbps to 200Mbps connection can be built.
The same point
(1) "exchange" is a word of wide meaning. When it is used to describe the second layer device of the data network, it actually refers to a bridge device; and when it is used to describe the device of the third layer of the data network, it refers to a routing device. That is, industrial switches and industrial 4G routers can be used to exchange network devices, but the network level is different.
(2) you can surf the Internet. It's all used to extend the network.
The initial industrial switches at different levels of work are the data link layer (second layers) that work in the OSI/RM open architecture, and the industrial 4G router is designed to work in the network layer of the OSI model. As industrial switches work in the second layer (data link layer) of OSI, its working principle is relatively simple, and industrial 4G routers, working in the third layer of OSI (network layer), can get more protocol information, and industrial 4G routers can make more intelligent forwarding decisions.
(2) the object of data forwarding is different industrial switches, which use physical addresses or MAC addresses to determine the destination address of forwarding data. The industrial 4G router uses the ID number (IP address) of different networks to determine the address of data forwarding. The IP address is implemented in software, describing the network in which the device is located. Sometimes these third level addresses are also called protocol addresses or network addresses. The MAC address is usually self contained by the network card manufacturer, and has been solidified into the network card. In general, it is not changed. IP addresses are usually allocated automatically by network administrators or systems.
(3) traditional industrial switches can only segment the collision domain, and can not split the broadcast domain; industrial 4G routers can split the broadcast domain. A network segment connected by an industrial switch is still in the same broadcast domain, and the broadcast packet is propagated on all the network segments connected by an industrial switch and in some cases leads to a communication support and a security vulnerability. The network segments connected to industrial 4G routers will be allocated into different broadcast domains, and broadcast data will not pass through industrial 4G routers.
Although more than third layers of industrial switches have VLAN function, they can also divide the broadcast domain, but the sub broadcast domains are not communication and communication between them, and the communication between them still needs industrial 4G routers.
(4) the industrial 4G router provides the service of the firewall, which only forwards the packet of the specific address, does not transmit the packet transport that does not support the routing protocol and the transmission of the target network data packet, thus preventing the broadcast storm.